Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Freeze Me in a Frame

Here's some of my photographs that I've taken this summer. They aren't in order though because of the stupid computer. Oh well. Enjoy! (if anyone actually reads this/doubt it) :)

"In the Depths of My Heart"
-I entered this one in the Kitsap Faire. See? The pool of water looks like a heart. Cool huh?

"Glory Mountain"
-Admit it, it looks pretty glorious. Well that's the only thing that comes to my mind. I took it in Yellowstone.

-I went white water rafting in Yellowstone! It was amazing and I'd totally do it again but I want it to be more extreme. We cruised on smooth waters for 1/2 the time.

- This is our RV. This is us watching it being towed. For more on this hilarious and excrutiating story, let me know and I'll get you covered.

"A Promise, A Prayer"
-Isn't she beautiful? We went to my Aunt Judi's wedding and she was gorgeous. This is my favorite of the 200 or so that I took that day.

-This is my good friend Demetrius and I being dramatic. lol. He came up to visit but I only saw him for a day! He graduated this year and we had fun catching up. (He's really on his knees here. He's actually 6 foot something tall...)

-Crunch! My 1 and a half year old cousin, Porter. He's beyond adorable. and that slice of watermelon is way too big for him.

-I'm 16! My family put this hat on me and started singing. It was a lot of fun.

Renae (far right)- "Brandon come here and lets see if we can light this one up."
Brandon (middle)- "You realize we look like a couple of stoners, right?"
Me- "Aww! I burned myself with the sparkler...again."
*Why you don't play with fire(works)*

"Reflections"
-This is on the wonderful beach of Seaside, Oregon. I love the effect the wet sand gave. It made a simple picture of my sister and Renae walking on the beach into something beautiful.

-I've been volunteering at the Poulsbo Marine Science Center lately and I brought my camera with me this week. (Above): A close up of Mr.Sam the octopus' suction cups. (Below): What a pain in my butt to try and get a nice focused pic of a jellyfish. It came out spectacularly with the help of some last minute ideas. It's like the jellyfish has a rainbow in its DNA.

-Just another close up I thought came out pretty cool looking.


I hope you like my quick and brief excerpts of this summer. Love yas! -nel

2 comments:

Taylor Nyman said...

chanel, these pictures are amazing! i haven't talked to you since stavar's class last year, how have you been?

Taylor Nyman said...

chanel, these pictures are INCREDIBLE!

sorry it took me so long to get back to ya, i didn't see that you had commented me.

it really looks like you had an amazing summer :)