Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

My 2011 ... List of Motivation

I realize that I have some time left until the end of the month and the start of a new year, however, I feel like I want to make a list of New Year Resolutions (gasp, can it be so?!). I've never been a fan of goal setting - goals in general make me unnecessarily angry, confused, and upset - probably because I have a fear of completion. It is for precisely that reason that I think, finally, I want to start anew. It's not that I want to forget anything this year, on the contrary I want to remember it all in order to make this next year even better. I deserve it. I see this now, I understand and I want more good things to continue to flow my way. So here it is, my goal list for 2011. (Yay, I didn't cringe at the word, or refuse to do my teacher's stupid goals for the year assignment...I knew I could do it [:  ) *These are in no particular order of importance.*


  • Accept the madness that is my thinking process. Acknowledge that I make things far more complex than I probably should, but accept that sometimes its the best way for me to learn things correctly.
  • Do not tell myself, "I don't deserve to be happy" or "I can have that experience later." This is an utter bullshit excuse Chanel Violet Caulfield, and I will not put up with your excuses any more.
  • Do all assignments. It may be painful, but do it anyways.
  • Have a mocha budget ... cut down to three mochas a week at the most. No more than three (unless I find change in my tootsie roll jar).
  • Write two handwritten letters every month. It's always something I want to do, but never do.
  • Challenge myself to take more photos. I miss spending every day with my camera, and while that may be inconvenient with my new schedule, there's no reason I can't spend one day a week learning more about my hobby.
  • Library more. Bookstores less.
  • Do more chores at the house. Make a serious effort to these little necessities, rather than television on those "ohmygoodness there's no commitment right now" nights.
  • Speaking of commitments, don't over commit. There are many lovely things I want to do, but if I do too many things I will stop being lovely. I will turn to my caffeine addiction, get grumpy, lose sleep, lose patience, and possibly kill (the spirits of people, not kill people themselves).
  • DO NOT FORGET why I started writing in the first place, why it is my passion, why I wanted to become a journalist and why that idea has been stuck in my head ever since. Do not forget the important creative ideas when thinking of the particular, detail driven ideas.
  • Don't be embarrassed of myself, for whatever stupid reason. I am myself and that is that. It's been proven a few times that people think I'm a neat person, so stop second guessing what they may think. On that note....
  • ...STOP TRYING TO CONTROL EVERYTHING.
  • Fail. DO IT. Don't fail a class, or fail to maintain a promise; no. Fail at the stupid things that you think are really important but in the grand scheme of things aren't...
  • ...loosen up.

No comments: